Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Being sick is no fun!

The past week has been pretty rough for Aubrey. Last Thursday, Aubrey came down with a high fever of 102.5. She had that all day, except for when I gave her Tylenol, so I took her to the doctor right away Friday morning. The doctor said everything looked fine. She thought that maybe Aubrey was fighting something viral. She said to just wait it out and see. So I kept giving her medicine to keep her fever down. She ran a high fever all day Friday. By Saturday, it was down to around 101.5 and by Saturday night it was down to 99.0. Those days, Aubrey was just miserable. She basically cried all day if you weren't holding her, except for those few times when the Tylenol kicked in and she felt a little better. I was so happy on Sunday to find that her fever had finally broke and she was in a much better mood. She played and didn't have to be held the entire day like before. She has been doing much better since. I don't know if she was just coming down with a cold, because now she has a cough and a runny nose, or what the deal was. I'm just glad she's doing better. We just have to work on sleeping through the night again. Of the past five nights, she has been up at least three times during four of those nights. It's definitely starting to wear on me!
You can tell that she finally feels better. She wanted to wear both of her hats at once.


When my mom and dad were here a couple of weeks ago, they helped me stain my deck. I did the floor again, because it needed a second coat. Yesterday, Aubrey and I finally were able to put things back on the deck and start using it again. I bought a new flower to replace one that had died, so Aubrey helped me plant it. She loves to shovel dirt and play in it! She also loves to water flowers. She can be such a great little helper.



No comments: