Sunday, September 30, 2012

Aubrey's First Loose Tooth

Aubrey has been waiting for her teeth to get loose for forever! Several of her classmates when she was in four year old preschool and in kindergarten lost teeth and she kept wigging her teeth hoping to make them loose. She would tell us that her tooth was loose, but when we tried to wiggle it, there was no sign of anything being loose. We would just tell her to keep wiggling. So when she told me on the first day of school that she had a loose tooth, I really didn't believe her. . . . until I felt it. It really was wiggly! She was so excited and spent the next two weeks wiggling away. Two weeks ago (September 14th) we ate supper and then her tooth started bleeding a lot. I felt it and was surprised that it hadn't already fallen out - it was that loose. I told her to just pull it out, but she couldn't. So I said I would do it. I tried to pull it, but I couldn't get it, so I started pushing it back and forth and out it came. She was so excited! She wrote the tooth fairy a note (her idea) and then put it in the tooth pillow that I had just finished making for her a couple of weeks ago. She woke Chloe and I up early the next morning to show us the certificate and money that the tooth fairy had left for her. She was thrilled!
Her loose tooth - just waiting to fall out!

After it came out

She loves sticking a straw through it!

Her tooth is in the bag - I was afraid she'd lose it before we got it in her tooth pillow

The note she wrote and her tooth

Her tooth pillow

Tooth and note in the pillow just waiting for the tooth fairy
The certificate and money she got from the tooth fairy the next morning 
Exactly two weeks later (September 28th), she lost another tooth. This time Daddy pulled it out. She was excited to have lost another one and again wrote the tooth fairy a note. She got a note in return and some more money. 

No comments: