Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chloe's 1st Day of School

Chloe started 4 year old preschool on Wednesday. This year she will go to school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. We switched to mornings this year because it works better with the boys' (Coye and Wade - the little boy I babysit) schedule. I found out a week before school started that Eileen (my mother-in-law) was not going to be the aide for the 4 year old classes this year, just the 3 year old classes, which meant no Grandma in Chloe's classroom. I have to admit that I was sad. I love having Eileen there in the same room as the girls. I don't ever have to worry about them being sad or not wanting to go to school because she's there. But Chloe wasn't really affected by this at all. She loves her teachers - Mrs. Ahlden (who taught her last year and is our neighbor) and Mrs. Schuldt (who Aubrey had both years of preschool and who attends the same church as us). She was still super excited about school and anxious to meet the new kids in her class (only two other little boys from the afternoon class moved to the morning class so she has to make all new friends this year). She loved her first day. She got to paint, color, and play. She had so much to tell me about when she got home - she is my talker you know. On Friday, I told her to hang up her backpack while I took Aubrey to her classroom. I gave Aubrey a kiss and turned around to find Chloe gone from the hallway. She had hung up her backpack, got out her folder, went into her classroom, gave her teachers the note in her folder, put her folder where it belonged, and was already playing in the sand table by the time I got back to her. I was only gone for about 2 minutes maybe. She definitely loves school!


First day of 4 year old preschool!

The girls ready to go
I really wanted a picture of the three of them before the girls went to school but Coye was having none of it.  I like to think that he was just upset that they were leaving him. :)

In front of her name tag at school

Ready to paint at her table

My super sweet four year old

2 comments:

Vanessa Levan said...

That picture of Coye is absolutely priceless!!

Diane said...

Aubrey set a good example for Chloe. I'm sure they will both have a wonderful school year.