For the past several years we have gotten our Christmas tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This way we have plenty of time to enjoy it before Christmas is over and it has to come down. This year the Saturday after Thanksgiving was wet and cold and Calvin was working, so we didn't get a tree that weekend. I was a little bummed, but figured that we'd get one the following weekend so it would work out. My parents moved the following Saturday and with all the busyness of that, we didn't get a tree that weekend either. I even went to Big R to get a pre-cut one, but they were all sold out. I was really bummed, and Calvin almost got me to agree to get an artificial tree, but I'm just not ready for that yet. I love going as a family to find the perfect tree and then coming home and decorating it. So, I made him promise to go the next Sunday, no matter what the weather was like. We ended up going last Sunday and found a tree that fits in the basement perfectly. The girls had fun walking through all of the trees and helping us decide which one to get. Then we came home and I put lights on it. After Aubrey got home from school the next day, we put ornaments on it. We've been enjoying it ever since. :)
1 comment:
Loved your "Christmas Card" photo!!
Post a Comment