Aubrey got Grandpa to sit on the floor and play with her.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Grandpa's Girl
My grandparents came for a quick visit last Saturday night on their way to my mom and dad's. We hadn't seen them since my cousin's wedding in July, so it was so nice to see them. Calvin and I had gone shopping all day and by the time I got home from picking the girls up from my in-laws, Grandpa and Grandma were here. The girls took their coats off and then went to say hi. Aubrey gave Grandma a hug and then immediately went to Grandpa and sat on his lap, where she stayed for the next hour until supper. She was Grandpa's girl the rest of the night. She insisted he sit beside her at supper, she played catch with him after supper, and then they read books on the floor. She and Grandpa have a special bond that I've never seen her have with any man before (besides her dad). She is just drawn to him, and I love watching them interact. When he's around, there's no place she'd rather be then with him. She loves and adores him so much! I'm so glad I got the pictures I did of them together. We really enjoyed having both of them here and being able to catch up with them. We're so glad that God has granted them good health to be able to travel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment