Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Countdown to Baby

We are now officially on a countdown until the baby is born. We have two weeks from Thursday before my official due date, but it could theoretically be any time now. We have almost everything ready. The crib is set up in our room, the swing and bouncy seat are cleaned, and some clothes have been washed up. Aubrey is in heaven using all of the baby things for her babies. She loves to put her baby in the swing and bouncy seat and has even figured out how to turn the music and vibration on. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. We'll see how well she wants to share her new "toys" with the new baby. She still loves to rub my belly and talk to the baby. Her latest thing is to give the baby hugs and kisses and tell him/her that she loves him/her. It's priceless! Calvin and I are getting excited and nervous at the same time. We are trying to figure out exactly what to do with Aubrey while I'm in the hospital - it's definitely different when you have another child to think about also. I'm hoping that she does well with the baby. She loves the baby at the babysitter's and she loves her cousin Clare. Granted, those babies leave and ours will stay at home with us always, but I'm hoping that she adjusts well and wants to help take care of the baby. Time will tell.
Aubrey is officially in her big girl bed and room. Her room has turned out very cute and she loves her new kitchen that she got for Christmas. She loves to make food and set the table. Each person, including her baby, gets a plate, silverware, and a cup to drink from. She loves to make soup for everyone. She has also become very independent. I hear the word "myself" all the time. She wants to do everything herself - take off her clothes, put things away, put on her coat, etc. These are all great sometimes, except when you're in a hurry or she is putting her coat on backwards and doesn't want help. It is nice that she can take off her hat, gloves, coat, and shoes by herself though. She loves to talk on the phone and does a pretty good job of holding a conversation, although she tends to shake her head instead of saying yes. She continues to make life interesting and fun!
Aubrey and Mommy

My belly as of Sunday - I don't feel like it can possibly get any bigger!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing, Alicia.

I'll be anxious to hear the news when the baby arrives.

God be with you.

Aunt Diane

Regan said...

You are SO adorable!!!! My sister saw you the other day and thought maybe you were due in June! She couldn't believe it when I told her February! Can't wait to hear the news.
Love, Kent, Regan & Alex