Monday, October 22, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!

What a busy month it has been! We have been busy planning and celebrating mom and dad's 30th anniversary, doing report cards, balancing checkbooks, and working on other items for school as well. I had hoped that by having a blog I would be able to keep people updated more often, but I have been bad about doing it the past couple of months. My goal is to be better the next few months.
Aubrey is growing and changing all the time. She is now 19 1/2 months old! I can hardly believe that she is so big already! At her 18 month doctor's appointment, she was 31 1/2 inches long and 20 pounds 9 ounces. She is still a little peanut, but the doctor says that she looks great. She is becoming more and more independent all the time. She likes to do things for herself. For example, tonight she had to put her dirty socks in the basket and her diaper in her diaper pail. Her favorite words are daddy, mama, and no. If you ask her a question, she almost always says no even if she means yes, so you have to try and figure out what she really means. She also loves to help. If you give her a job to do or have her help you, she loves it! She is definitely growing up and getting bigger.
Aubrey loves butter. She will lick the butter off of a cracker and then want more!
Aubrey sitting on her little potty for the first time. She goes every once in a while and tries every night before her bath.
Making smores over our grill with the aunts.
Aubrey riding in the combine with Daddy.
Aubrey loves to read books. When I'm making supper, she will go and get books to read and then sit on the floor in front of the kitchen sink. It's really cute!
One of Aubrey's favorite foods is cheese. She usually eats a piece every night.
One of Aubrey's baby dolls has a pacifier. Aubrey decided to walk around with it in her mouth.
Another of Aubrey's favorite things to do while I am making supper is to play with the spice rack. She loves rearranging them.
I am still feeling good. There's the tiredness, but that comes with being pregnant, not going to bed early enough, and having to get up early. Plus, Aubrey's idea of sleeping in on the weekends is 7:30 a.m., no matter how late I put her to bed. I am almost six months (24 weeks) along. The baby moves all the time - a lot more than I remember Aubrey doing! We had our ultrasound about a month ago, but we didn't find out what we're having. I want to be surprised, so we are waiting to find out until the baby is born. I will be happy either way.
Here is the baby's profile.
Here is the baby's face with the arms right next it.
Here is me this past Sunday. I am finally starting to show a little.
We had a surprise party for my parents the first weekend in October. Their 30th anniversary is November 26th, so we wanted to have something special for them. We were able to all get together for a weekend, including all of my siblings, my dad's sisters, and my mom's parents. It was a fun, and busy, weekend!

Grandpa and Aubrey
Maximus and Aubrey eating cake.

The family

No comments: